For my first Valentine Project, I went to my local dollar store and bought one package of these cute heart lollipops. Three lollipops came in one package for $1.00. The very first lollipop in the first picture shows the original package the lollipop came in. I simply took two of the lollipops out and altered the original package, by removing all of their printed 'junk' and inserting my own. I used Riding Hood Red Cardstock and Pretty in Pink Cuttlebug Hearts for the bottom of the package. The background is white cardstock stamped with pink hearts. I added a tag to the lollipop with a heart from the retired Stampin Up! Set 'Mon Ami'. The ribbon was bought on clearance last year at Michaels after Valentine's Day was over.
Well now I had two extra lollipops, so I looked around my craft room for something plastic I could alter. And Wa-la! I found it! The clear plastic container my pop ups came in was perfect! I removed the pop ups, poked a hole in the bottom of the plastic to insert my popsicle stick, and then cut some pieces of Stampin Up! Riding Hood Red Designer paper to fit the packaging. I then added a heart brad to hold the top part of the designer paper in place. The bottom portion is glued in place. More clearance ribbon from Michaels was tied on the outside with a Cuttlebug mini die.
This is a close-up picture of what the container looked like before I altered it to fit my lollipop. So next time, before you throw away these plastic containers, take a second look, you never know what you could make out of them and its a great way to recycle!
I made this card using my Cuttlebug Alphabet die and a heart die. The paper is Riding Hood Red Designer Paper, Pretty in Pink, White, and Riding Hood Red. Ribbon and a charm were added for embellishment.
This cute card is from the retired Stampin Up! set 'Vintage Valentines'. This is one of the very first sets I ever bought from Stampin Up! and also one of my favorites. I used my Spellbinders Nestabilities for the main image panel and Scalloped Square. The image was colored with Copic Markers. A ribbon was added for embellishment.
The next two cards use images from MFT's 'Hearts Galore'. The punched border was created with the Martha Stewart Lace punch. The Designer Paper is retired Stampin Up! All the scalloped rectangles were done with my Nestabilities by Spellbinders. Brads and ribbon were added for embellishment.
These are all really terrific projects. I especially like the altered packaging for the lollipops. I hope you sell tons of stuff at the store.ReplyDelete
These are all so beautiful!! You have been very, very busy!ReplyDelete
Way to go Amy ... your cards are ALL beautiful and I'm so impressed with the Lollipop Project ... so cool!!ReplyDelete
Beautiful projects....great idea for the lollipops~you make me want to run to the dollar store and buy some! Cards are gorgeous!ReplyDelete