"When the Kingdom Comes" is about that 1000 year period after the rapture and Armageddon, when Jesus returns with His bride to rule and reign on earth. It describes what the world will be like after seven years of tribulation and how Jesus and Christians will come and take the world from absolute chaos and restore it back to what it was always meant to be when God first created it.
As a believer, watching world events the past eighteen months has been terrifying yet exciting at the same time. I feel we are living in the "End of the Age" and the rapture is so close. The thought that Jesus could come back for us at any moment is so exhilarating and comforting, yet, I wonder how much persecution we will have to go through before He returns. Reading this book, and hearing about the amazing, wonderful life we will all have once Jesus comes back and rules and reigns, gives me the courage to embrace the days before He returns.
Here are five ideas presented in the book that really excited and comforted me:
1. Our old bodies will be replaced with new bodies that will be supernatural in nature. We will have supernatural abilities. We will be able "to pass through time and space to travel from heaven back to the earth." We will have abilities that "will make it possible for us to carry out our duties and tasks during the millennial kingdom." We will never know sickness, disease, or pain again. We won't suffer from old age, but we will feel young and energetic again! As a 50-something woman, that really excited me!
2. With these new bodies we will assist Jesus and begin doing work. During the Tribulation, Mr. Phillips states that "sick and dying believers will have been waiting for the return of Jesus. Now that He will have arrived, it will be our task to find and rescue these believers from further suffering". Wow! We're gonna be heroes! We are going to be the rescue team for other believers in Christ. I LOVE that!
3. At the end of the Tribulation, the ungodly is removed from the earth and the entire world mercantile system collapses. The new millennial kingdom will not be an extension of our current world. "Jesus is not coming back to fix our world, but USHER IN A WHOLE NEW ONE"! All the problems of this world will be gone! No more injustice, no more poverty, no more starvation, and most importantly, no more government corruption, because "Jesus will have full responsibility and authority for His Kingdom".
4. The millennial kingdom will be a place "where teaching will permeate all of society". The Word of God will be taught everywhere! " It will be marked as a time of great teaching and interest in Scripture, and it will be the topic of every conversation people will have. It will be discussed in every town, village, and city, and it will become the VERY ESSENCE OF LIFE for the people of the Kingdom of God.". I don't know about you, but I love to talk about God and His Word. I can't even imagine a world where everyone else wants to talk about it too!
5. Nature itself will bring forth abundance for the kingdom people. Wow! As a gardener who struggles daily with weeds, pestilence, disease, and the weather, I can't even imagine the joy of a garden without any of these problems. But the earth will be once again as it was in the Garden of Eden. There will be a "total change in the planet and its ability to grow vegetation". People will NEVER lack for food again. Hallelujah !
There is so much more in this book about the millennial kingdom, but I don't want to give it all away. I just wanted to share five things about the kingdom that really excited me. This book really helped me get past my fear of the uncertainty of the times we are living in and to LOOK FORWARD to what lies ahead for me. I recently heard one of my favorite pastors, Jon Courson, say "For the believer, this is the worst it will ever get. For the unbeliever, this is the best it will ever be.". Wow. Let that sink in.
This book really encouraged me and gave me peace to help me navigate life during these uncertain times. If you are like me and struggling as well, I hope that you will read it and let it encourage you too! We have such a great future awaiting us! The Best Is Yet To Come!
You can purchase this book from these sources:
I received the book for free in exchange for my review. All my opinions are my own.
Have A Great Day! Amy
Linking Up with these Fabulous Blogs HERE!