Hello to all my visitors from Danielle's Blog and to my regular readers who came here expecting a Tuesday Craft Post, well you are going to get a delicious recipe instead! I suppose cooking is kind of like crafting as you are creating something! I haven't done a recipe post in so long, but if I do one I usually post them on Saturday. But my good blogging friend Leslie asked me to join her in a recipe swap blog hop, so here we are!
Now I think Leslie's intention was that we were to make a romantic meal for our loved ones over Valentine's Day weekend and then post the recipe. My sweetheart was actually sick all last week and he still had a little bit of sickness over the weekend. We still celebrated the holiday, but we did something a little more low key. We drove to the Twin Cities to the Como Park Zoo and Conservatory. You will hear more about that trip in tomorrow's travel post; Because we took a small trip, I didn't make him a romantic dinner. However, because he was sick I did make him SOUP!
This is THE BEST SOUP TO MAKE IF YOUR SICK, because it's so spicy it makes your nose run! Seriously, I can't eat this soup without a Kleenex nearby. If spice isn't your thing, just switch out the Hot Italian Sausage for Mild.
My husband was thrilled I made this soup. It is his favorite soup and he calls it "Restaurant Quality". I must admit, of all the soup recipes I've ever made (and I have made a lot of good ones!) this is my favorite too. I make it every time my kids are home, and they rave about it. And here's the best part: It's a KETO recipe! If you don't know what Keto is, it is the latest diet fad everyone is on right now. I started eating Keto in the fall and LOVE it! It is seriously the best diet I've ever been on because the food is so good! A lot of people don't like Keto because they find it too restrictive. I think those people just might not be cooking enough. There are so many great books out there on Keto recipes. You can also find a lot of great recipes on Pinterest, and that is where I found this one.
The name of this delicious soup is "Instant Pot Keto Tuscan Soup" and I found it on Eatwell101. Now the recipe instructions are for an Instant Pot, however, if you don't own an Instant Pot don't fret, because neither do I. I made mine the good old fashion way...on the stove top! If you have an Instant Pot, feel free to follow the directions on Eatwell101, otherwise, follow mine below.
INGREDIENTS LIST FOR THE INSTANT POT KETO TUSCAN SOUP
- 1 lb (450g) Hot Italian sausage, casings removed (or turkey sausage)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 bunch kale, leaves stripped and chopped
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan, for serving
- Fresh chopped parsley, for serving
Stove Top Instructions:
1. Remove the casings from the Italian sausage and brown the meat in a large soup pot.
2. Add the garlic, onion, and oregano to the sausage and cook another 2-3 minutes until the onions are translucent. Be sure to stir constantly!
3. Add the chicken broth and the sun-dried tomatoes. Season with pepper to taste. I have found that you don't need much pepper because the Italian Sausage is already so spicy. Cook for 5 minutes
4. Add kale and stir until the kale is wilted, about 1 - 2 minutes. I have also made this soup with fresh spinach, and it works just as well.
5. Stir in heavy cream and heat till warm, about 1 minute. Then adjust the seasoning of the soup with salt and pepper to taste. I added salt in mine, but I didn't add any more pepper.
Garnish with fresh parsley and serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese. You really MUST serve with parmesan cheese as it doesn't taste the same without it.
This is such a quick and easy soup to make. It only takes about 30 minutes to make and serves 4.
If you need the nutritional information, it is available on Eatwell101.
Now, head on over to my good friend Marilyn and see what she made. Marilyn's a real food blogger and always has something yummy to share!
And if you came here first and want to start the hop from the beginning, start at Deb's Blog. There are nine bloggers participating in this recipe blog hop, so you will get nine recipes at the end of the hop! I'm always looking for good recipes, so I'm pretty excited about this hop, are you?
And here’s the total list of all the bloggers involved in this hop:
- Deb Keyworth http://debs14.blogspot.com/
- Juhli Newkirk https://boomergirlsguide.blogspot.com/
- Danielle Park https://familyloveinspirationeducation.wordpress.com/
- Amy Johnson http://www.amyscreativepursuits.com/
- Marilyn Lesnik https://www.marilynstreats.com/
- Penny Struebig http://pennyspassion.blogspot.com/
- Anne Green https://www.thecajuncouple.com/
- Laura Bambrick http://www.idodeclaire.com/
- Leslie Clingan http://onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com/
Oh, and you're welcome to share your favorite recipe with us too by joining the link party below! Now get hopping and linking and have some fun!
Have A Great Day! Amy
Linking Up with these Fabulous Blogs HERE!